If you had an event in the past, you probably know how difficult it is to organizing and attending it. one of the most important thing about an event you have, is to choose the perfect location for the event. choosing event venues without considering the right factors for your event may result to disappointment. Does this sound a bit intimidating? You don’t have to feel that way. considering this checklist before your event will help you to a better choice.
- Make a guest list
- Event Date
- Calculate your budget
- Find the Right Type of Space
- Consider other venue services and facilities
The Number of guests
When venue planning for an event, one of the most important pieces of information you must know is who your guests will be and how many you expect to attend to your event. one of the largest limiting factors for event space is its capacity, so knowing the number of guests or at least an accurate estimate (it can be a range) of it will immediately limit your options.
event date is also an important factor. if you choose wrong day for your event your audience may have problem to attend. so choosing right time for your event is also important and we offer consider this advices:
- When are your guests most likely available to attend based on their schedules?
- What venues have appropriate and available space for those times?
Calculate your budget
Budget is one of our limitation to consider our even space. firs of all your financial resources are limited, and you should be aware from the beginning of what your financial limitations are. you should also consider your audience expectation.
the best choice is the one that consider both your budget limitation and your audience expectation of event space. consider below advice too:
- Do the venues fall within your budget parameter for space, technical equipment and catering expenses?
- you should allow some flexibility in your budget in case line item expenses exceed the plan.
- know your audience
Find the Right Type of Space
your venue must have an appropriate space for the type of event you’re planning, will your event venue require a dance floor, a scene, a projector or a big screen or will you need a PA system. in addition you can ask this question too:
- From Technology side of view, does this place fit our needs? Can the venue accommodate sound, and other technical needs?
- From Standard side of view, does the condition of facility reflect your audience standard level?
Consider other venue services and facilities
before you choose your appropriate event space, you should check other services of the event space too. you may want to look into the types of other services offered by the venue. Some venues will also have a preferred vendor list from which you must work to find vendors or suppliers for other services. Other venues have restrictions on decor or other aspects of the event itself and may affect your choice. ask yourself this questions:
- Does this venue offer good parking options for client cars?
- Does this venue offer enough security for the event?
- Does this venue offer additional services like catering, floral arrangements, table rentals, coffee shop etc.?
- Does this event space have a setup and clean up crew?
- Does this venue have food and beverage minimums or restaurant in it?
As you can see, there’s a lot to consider when choosing your event’s venue. However, if you take the above into consideration when doing your research, you’ll find the perfect venue for your event.